After emigrating from England in 1928, PEI. In 1935, he moved to Charlottetown. After several years, he left the firm and became the headmaster of the Central Academy. When the Bank of Prince Edward Island was formed, he left the Central Academy fo become the bank's manager, a position he held until his death. He was a loyal member of St. Paul's Anglican church in Charlottetown. Although he was not a supporter of the growing tractarian movement within the Anglican community, he believed that stress between factions within the church would be ameliorated if a second Anglican church could be established in Charlottetown. To this end he donated land in the western end of the city, commonly referred to as the West Bog for the erection of a Chapel of Ease. The Chapel was to become St. Peter's Cathedral.