Binney Group

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Binney Group

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1968-

History

The St. Peter's Cathedral Binney Group was originally the evening branch of St. Peter's Anglican Church Women but was renamed by Archdeacon G.S. Tanton in 1968, in honour of the fourth bishop of the Diocese, Bishop Hibbert Binney, who served as bishop from 1851 to 1887 and who was instrumental in the establishing of St. Peter's Cathedral Parish. The Binney Group of women meet once a month for a business meeting and undertake numerous fund-raising events for the parish. Together with the St. Peter's Cathedral Inglis Group, the Binney Group provides "refreshments" at numerous parish events, meetings, etc.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Canada

Institution identifier

PEI SPCA

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Information provided from the St. Peter's Cathedral website at http://www.stpeter.org/binney.html and also from "The Cathedral Church of Saint Peter: Anglican Church Women -- Past and Present" article, 14 January 1985, authorship unknown.

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places