St. Peter's Cathedral Archives houses and makes available the Cathedral official archives, along with archival materials related to the church community in Charlottetown and across Prince Edward Island.
The photograph is a seated portrait of Dr. Pusey. Printed on the front on the lower left is the word "Copyright" and on the lower right the word "registered." Printed in the middle of the front is "Dr. Pusey." Research shows that Edward Bouverie Pusey (22 August 1800 – 16 September 1882) was an English churchman who served for more than fifty years as Regius Professor of Hebrew at the University of Oxford. He was a major promoter of the Oxford Movement.
The photograph is a postcard showing the chancel and rood screen in St. Peter's Cathedral. At the bottom of the card on the left is "St. Peter's Cathedral" and on the right is "Charlottetown, P.E. Island". The card was printed in Germany for Maritime Stationers Ltd by Raphael Tuck and Sons', art publishers to their Majesties, No. 1021.
The photographs show the chancel of St. Peter's Cathedral including the rood screen and the altar. The screen was apparently designed by William Critchlow Harris while he was an apprentice to the architect David Stirling at the office of Stirling Dewar in Halifax. There are chairs at the edge of the photo which dates the picture to prior to 1926.Photograph B is slightly cropped and doesn't show the chairs.
The sketch depicts parishioners and choir, Matins 1872. The framed print hung in the chapter room for years and is signed R. Harris. A typed note was on the back of the sketch that states: " Presented by Charles E. Carman to the Chapter Room of St. Peter's Cathedral, Ch'town in loving memory of happy days spent in the Parish when his dear Friend George W Hodgson was Priest. Feast of All Saints, 1902. The original handwritten script remains with the frame.
Father Peter Harris adds the following items of note about the sketch: The text above the stained glass window and brick wall are no longer visible. as are the stars are shown on the ceiling. The rood screen (installed December 1873) is not present.
The photograph shows the altar of a church with a priest standing and two acolytes kneeling before him. The handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "S. Laurence, Norwich." The image appears to be hand coloured with vibrant red for the robes, pink and purple for the altar screen cloths, and blue and gold for the banners on each side of the altar.