St. Peter's Cathedral Archives houses and makes available the Cathedral official archives, along with archival materials related to the church community in Charlottetown and across Prince Edward Island.
The photograph is a head and shoulders studio portrait of W. B. King, Assistant Priest of St. Peter's Cathedral from 1882-1885 and Headmaster of St. Peter's school during that time as well. The Notman studio logo is on the back.
The photograph is a head and shoulders portrait of Father John Metcalfe Davenport. The handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "Father Davenport, St. John Baptist, St. John, N. B." Printed at the bottom of the front of the photograph is the name of the studio, "W. & J. Notman - St. John, N.B." Research shows that John M. Davenport was a clerk for his father, a prominent commercial chemist in England, before turning to the priesthood and adopting Tractarian philosophies. At the age of 24 Davenport entered Exeter College, Oxford, graduating in 1871 and becoming a deacon the same year. He was ordained a priest in 1872, spending his early ministry as curate in Wolverhampton and then in the London parish of one of his uncles. He also began a lifelong association with the Society of St. John the Evangelist, an order oriented towards mission work. Richard Meux Benson, the founder of the Society of St. John the Evangelist, recommended Davenport when Bishop John Medley of Fredericton sought a priest for a new Anglo-Catholic congregation in New Brunswick. Davenport relocated to New Brunswick in 1882, taking over the Mission Chapel in Portland, now known as Saint John.
The photograph is a head and shoulders portrait of Reverend Kenneth Hind. The handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "Rev. Kenneth Hind Assistant 1882-1885." and "with the [?] mail very Kind wishes." Printed at the bottom of the front of the photograph is the name of the studio, "WM. Notman - Halifax, N.S."
The photograph shows a portrait of Father Osborne. The name of the photographic studio is embossed on the bottom of the photograph. The inscription on the back reads "Fr Osborne S.S.J.E., held mission here 1883, Anglican Bp of Springhill IN." He preached at the Jubilee service of 1919.
The cover of the Bible is embossed with a wreath which says "British and Foreign Bible Society." It was used as part of St. Peter's Boys School. An inscription on the front end page reads "St. Peter's Boys School No. 21" and several handwritten names are also shown, including William G. Hogg, Jasper [Ings?], and other illegible notes. On the inside front page is: "Appointed to be read in churches." "Cum privilegio."
The photograph shows a full-length studio portrait of a young boy in a suit. The back is inscribed with: "Mr Hodgson from his little friend Ernest" and "February 1884." Also written on the back are the words "Banner bearer" and "Wm. Schultz." The frame has "G.H. Cook" in script at the bottom left.
The photograph shows St. Peter's chancel with gold stars on the ceiling, which were subsequently covered in acoustic tiles. There is a small box in the lower left that states: St. Peter's Cathedral 1885
The photograph is a group portrait of a number of clergymen at the funeral of G.W. Hodgson. Reverend Charles Darling is identified as the assistant priest of St. Matthias Church. The young men with him are identified as A. Irwin, R. Irwin and C. Hine.