St. Peter's Cathedral Archives houses and makes available the Cathedral official archives, along with archival materials related to the church community in Charlottetown and across Prince Edward Island.
The photograph is a head and shoulders studio portrait of W. B. King, Assistant Priest of St. Peter's Cathedral from 1882-1885 and Headmaster of St. Peter's school during that time as well. The Notman studio logo is on the back.
The photograph is a full-length portrait of an unidentified young acolyte. At the bottom right is the name of the studio "W and A.H. Fry, Photos" and on the left their location "Brighton". No further identifying information is available.
The portrait shows a man sitting in a three-quarter-length pose, with his arms crossed, holding a piece of paper. The front of the image shows the name and address of the British photographer Samuel A. Walker, at 64 Margaret St. Cavendish Square. The front also shows "Registered 25 & 26 Vic. C. 68" in reference to the "Creating Fine Arts Copyright Act of 1862."
Handwritten on the back of the image is the name "Richard". No further identifying information is available.
The photograph shows the entrance to a church with an unidentified gentleman in the doorway. The location of the church is unknown. The photograph was taken by a London-based photographer, suggesting the church may have been in England.