St. Peter's Cathedral Archives houses and makes available the Cathedral official archives, along with archival materials related to the church community in Charlottetown and across Prince Edward Island.
The portrait shows an oval head shot of Reverend Crosly White. A handwritten note on the back of the image reads "Rev. Crosly White S. Barnabas, Pimlico." The front of the image shows the name and address of the British photographers W. Walker & Sons (referring to William and Samuel Walker), of 64 Margaret St. Cavendish Square. The front also shows "Registered 25 & 26 Vic. C. 68" in reference to the "Creating Fine Arts Copyright Act of 1862."
The photograph is a seated portrait of Dr. Pusey. Printed on the front on the lower left is the word "Copyright" and on the lower right the word "registered." Printed in the middle of the front is "Dr. Pusey." Research shows that Edward Bouverie Pusey (22 August 1800 – 16 September 1882) was an English churchman who served for more than fifty years as Regius Professor of Hebrew at the University of Oxford. He was a major promoter of the Oxford Movement.
The photograph shows a pen and ink drawing of Fort Edward with a view of the bay at Victoria Park, Charlottetown. The caption reads "Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island -- from a sketch by W. O. Carlisle"; also on the image is "1872".
The sketch depicts parishioners and choir, Matins 1872. The framed print hung in the chapter room for years and is signed R. Harris. A typed note was on the back of the sketch that states: " Presented by Charles E. Carman to the Chapter Room of St. Peter's Cathedral, Ch'town in loving memory of happy days spent in the Parish when his dear Friend George W Hodgson was Priest. Feast of All Saints, 1902. The original handwritten script remains with the frame.
Father Peter Harris adds the following items of note about the sketch: The text above the stained glass window and brick wall are no longer visible. as are the stars are shown on the ceiling. The rood screen (installed December 1873) is not present.
The photograph is a seated portrait of Reverend William Bullock. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "Halifax." According to research, William Bullock was a naval officer, Church of England clergyman, and hymn-writer; he was born on 12 January 1797 at Prittlewell, Essex, England and died on 7 March 1874 at Halifax, Nova Scotia, and he was buried in the Camp Hill Cemetery. Bullock went to Halifax in 1847 for temporary clery duty, after serving in St. John's, Newfoundland, serving as curate of St Paul’s Cathedral. Bullock later became the first dean of St. Luke's Cathedral Church when Queen Victoria made St Luke’s the cathedral church of the Diocese of Nova Scotia. In 1854 William Bullock published a collection of 166 hymns, titled "Songs of the Church," which he dedicated to the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel. The best-known of these hymns, “We love the place, O God,” composed for the opening of a new church in Trinity Bay, was later inserted in the official hymnbook of the Church of England.
The portrait is a full-length portrait of a man in clerical dress, identified as "The Right Revd the Bishop of Brechin." The image is also inscribed with "Photo & published by J. Valentine, Dundee." Research shows that the Bishop of Brechin from 1847 to 1875 was Alexander Forbes.