St. Peter's Cathedral Archives houses and makes available the Cathedral official archives, along with archival materials related to the church community in Charlottetown and across Prince Edward Island.
The photograph is a seated portrait of Reverend T. T. Carter. Below the photograph are printed the name of the photography studio, W. Walker & Sons, and its London, England, address. The handwritten note on the front of the photograph reads: "Rev. T. Carter." Research indicates that Thomas Thellusson Carter SSC (19 March 1808 – 28 October 1901), also known as T. T. Carter, was a significant figure in the Victorian Church of England. He was responsible for reintroducing Catholic practices to the church and for founding the Confraternity of the Blessed Sacrament. Carter also founded several charitable organizations and was a prolific writer on church matters. He served as Rector of Clewer, a parish in Berkshire, England, or 36 years. In 1870 he became an honorary canon of Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford.
The photograph is a head and shoulders portrait of Father John Metcalfe Davenport. The handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "Father Davenport, St. John Baptist, St. John, N. B." Printed at the bottom of the front of the photograph is the name of the studio, "W. & J. Notman - St. John, N.B." Research shows that John M. Davenport was a clerk for his father, a prominent commercial chemist in England, before turning to the priesthood and adopting Tractarian philosophies. At the age of 24 Davenport entered Exeter College, Oxford, graduating in 1871 and becoming a deacon the same year. He was ordained a priest in 1872, spending his early ministry as curate in Wolverhampton and then in the London parish of one of his uncles. He also began a lifelong association with the Society of St. John the Evangelist, an order oriented towards mission work. Richard Meux Benson, the founder of the Society of St. John the Evangelist, recommended Davenport when Bishop John Medley of Fredericton sought a priest for a new Anglo-Catholic congregation in New Brunswick. Davenport relocated to New Brunswick in 1882, taking over the Mission Chapel in Portland, now known as Saint John.
The photograph is a head and shoulders portrait of Reverend Kenneth Hind. The handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "Rev. Kenneth Hind Assistant 1882-1885." and "with the [?] mail very Kind wishes." Printed at the bottom of the front of the photograph is the name of the studio, "WM. Notman - Halifax, N.S."
The photograph is a full-length portrait of Reverend Thomas Chamberlain. The handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: "Rev. T Chamberlain." Research indicates that Thomas Chamberlain (1810-1892) was Honorary Canon of Christ Church, Oxford. He was made a Student (Fellow) of Christ Church, Oxford in 1832 and became the vicar of St Thomas the Martyr, Oxford, only a mile or so west of Christ Church, in 1842. Chamberlain was a notable 'tractarians' among the incumbents of Oxford parishes. He was made an Honorary Canon in 1882.
The photograph is a full-length portrait of Dr. Brookes. The handwritten note on the back of the image reads "Dr. Brookes of Stanmore." Printed on the front on the lower left is the name of the studio and on the lower right the address; above this information in script is the word "Copyright."
The photograph is a full-length portrait of Reverend Joseph Newton Smith. The handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "Rev. Newton Smith Harlow." In 1868 Smith was named as vicar to St. Mary Magdalene, Harlow. Smith was also a founding member of the Society of the Holy Cross.
The photograph is a full-length portrait of Reverend Frederick George Lee. The handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads: " Rev. F. G. Lee D.D. " Reverend Frederick George Lee, DCL, FSA (1832–1902) was a theological writer born at Thame, Oxfordshire; he was ordained deacon by the Bishop of Oxford in 1854 and priest in 1856. See also the altar book that Lee edited: PEI SPCA 016 Item 1.
The photograph is a full-length portrait of a clergyman. Handwriting on the back of the image reads as follows: "Rev. F. Bishop now at [Chingford?], Herefordshire". Research is needed to confirm the full name of the individual. Printed on the front of the image on the lower left is the name of the studio and on the lower right the address of the location. Above this information in script is the word "Copyright".
The photograph is a three-quarter length portrait of Reverend Dr. John Mason Neale. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "Dr. Neil." Research confirms that the portrait is that of John Mason Neale (24 January 1818 – 6 August 1866), an Anglican priest, scholar and hymn writer. The photographer's name, W. Walker & Sons, is shown on the front bottom left and the photographer's address is on the left bottom right.