The photograph shows the St. Peter's Boys' School band outdoors posing for a professional portrait. The boys are holding instruments and are accompanied by Rev. James Simpson Priest Incumbent, Rev. F.E. J. Lloyd Assistant Priest, Henry Green Headmaster, and T.H. Hunt Assistant Master of School. Photo B labels the figures and identifies the participants as follows (left to right) with the title St. Peter's Boys' Band 1888:
Back row: Henry Green Headmaster, Harry Steele, Ernest Earle John W. Godfrey, Rev. James Simpson Priest Incumbent, Geo. ? Foster, Wm. Earle, Wm. Harris, Frank Smith, Chas. Hine, Rev. F.E. J. Lloyd Assistant Priest, H. Sterling, Wm. Stair, Fred Morris, T.H. Hunt Assistant Master of School.
Middle row (Three boys in front of Rev. James Simpson): Wm. Moore, Rich. Irwin, John Moore
Front row: John Harris, Harry Foster, Chas. Earle, Wm Smith, Thomas Williams (holding the triangle), Wm Cook, Geo. Irwin, L. Mi[tchell?], Ber. Steele, Frank Cotton (behind the young boy with the drum), F. Churchhill.