Print preview Close

Showing 535 results

Archival description
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

331 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Young acolytes portrait

  • CA PEI SPCA PHOTO 0147
  • Item
  • 191?

The photograph shows two young boys dressed in a full length portrait in choir robes. The book, "Act of Faith", identifies them as W.B. Brady, 1910; Earl Whitlock, 1911.

General publications

  • CA PEI SPCA 017
  • Collection
  • 1800?-2019?

Publications are added to the St. Peter's Cathedral Church archives' collection if they fit the Archives' mandate and have a direct relationship to the history of the church or contain information closely relevant to the story of the church or community.

Bibles, service books, and special collections

  • CA PEI SPCA 016
  • Collection
  • 1823-2020

This collection consists of bibles, service books and other published items selected as special collections; they all were acquired and/or used by St. Peter's Cathedral Church over the years.

Thomas Heath Haviland portrait

  • CA PEI SPCA PHOTO 0144
  • Item
  • 1840 - 1895

The photograph shows Thomas Heath Haviland, warden and parish trustee, in a seated studio portrait.

Reverend T. T. Carter portrait

  • CA PEI SPCA PHOTO 0361
  • Item
  • 1844-1880

The photograph is a seated portrait of Reverend T. T. Carter. Below the photograph are printed the name of the photography studio, W. Walker & Sons, and its London, England, address. The handwritten note on the front of the photograph reads: "Rev. T. Carter." Research indicates that Thomas Thellusson Carter SSC (19 March 1808 – 28 October 1901), also known as T. T. Carter, was a significant figure in the Victorian Church of England. He was responsible for reintroducing Catholic practices to the church and for founding the Confraternity of the Blessed Sacrament. Carter also founded several charitable organizations and was a prolific writer on church matters. He served as Rector of Clewer, a parish in Berkshire, England, or 36 years. In 1870 he became an honorary canon of Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford.

Reverend William Bullock portrait

  • CA PEI SPCA PHOTO 0365
  • Item
  • 1847 - 1874

The photograph is a seated portrait of Reverend William Bullock. A handwritten note on the back of the photograph reads "Halifax." According to research, William Bullock was a naval officer, Church of England clergyman, and hymn-writer; he was born on 12 January 1797 at Prittlewell, Essex, England and died on 7 March 1874 at Halifax, Nova Scotia, and he was buried in the Camp Hill Cemetery. Bullock went to Halifax in 1847 for temporary clery duty, after serving in St. John's, Newfoundland, serving as curate of St Paul’s Cathedral. Bullock later became the first dean of St. Luke's Cathedral Church when Queen Victoria made St Luke’s the cathedral church of the Diocese of Nova Scotia. In 1854 William Bullock published a collection of 166 hymns, titled "Songs of the Church," which he dedicated to the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel. The best-known of these hymns, “We love the place, O God,” composed for the opening of a new church in Trinity Bay, was later inserted in the official hymnbook of the Church of England.

Results 1 to 10 of 535